TEAM ON A MISSION
The|Tides is a premium wellness brand founded and conceptualized by Annemarie Wortman, Kimmo Jacobs and Louis Wijdenbosch. We are a passionate and dedicated team rooted in many years of seasoned (clinical) experience, extensive knowledge and expertise in the health, wellness, sports and hospitality arenas. Starting out in the early twenties we established The|Tides together and enjoyed a decade as a renowned health and wellness resort nestled in the coastal area of The Netherlands. In 2018 we progressed into a wellness product brand and education house elevating our modern, holistic and science based approach to wellness to the next level.
Our mission is to empower people to take their health into their own hands through a set of high result wellness products and rituals for a transformative journey to optimal health and wellbeing while educating professionals through our innovative BrainBody Wellness methodology enabling them to offer personalized wellness solutions.
BRAINBODY WELLNESS PHILOSOPHY
Our approach to overall health and wellbeing is based on a clear and scientifically backed foundation in which the brain-gut-microbiome axis takes centre stage. Studies show that the brain and the gut communicate with each other through neural pathways transmitting signals and hormonal messages that interact with other body organs, including the skin and can determine the important part of how we look, feel, act and perform. Improving one’s BrainBody connection is at the base of our philosophy. Through our carefully crafted collection of high-performance self-care products and innovative BrainBody Wellness methodology our intent is to address health issues which our often caused by the challenges of living a modern life. Mental health issues, high stress levels, anxiety, tensed fascia, high muscle tone, lack of energy, diminished immunity, hormonal imbalances, skin problems and insomnia are issues which we address.
WELLNESS SELF CARE PRODUCTS
We formulate result driven self-care that performs and transforms. They vary from natural and organic skin care products, a targeted collection of bath soaks, aromatherapy synergy blends and fragrances with functional scents to transdermal supplements. Our formulas are made with active botanical and mineral ingredients of the highest quality and efficacy. They are always clean, pure, vegan, cruelty free, sustainably sourced and 100% biodegradable. Every ingredient is chosen for its powerful characteristics and rooted in the knowledge and wisdom of the traditional healing arts and modern scientific insights.
All our products are made and packaged in the Netherlands in high quality, luxurious and 100% recyclable violet glass. This unique bio-photonic glass naturally preserves the essence of our formulas for 2 years. Our high-quality (refill) pouches are 100% recyclable and aluminium free. Currently 95% of our packaging materials are recyclable and/or biodegradable. We are working on the other 5%.
BRAINBODY WELLNESS FOR PROFESSIONALS
For curious professionals we created the BrainBody Wellness certified training program equipping massage therapists with an expert level of understanding about the multiple brain-body-microbiome pathways enabling them to offer personalized wellness solutions while raising the quality and outcome of their wellness treatments to a higher level.
The BrainBody Wellness methodology is an innovative framework for an integrated way of working and thinking around the psychosomatic body that takes a paramedic, trans-disciplinary approach to wellness. This integrated approach, based on a clear theoretical and scientifically backed foundation, connects the power of different kinds of treatment techniques with hands-on bodywork, breathwork, meditation and movement and the use of targeted professional use products which leads to amazing treatment outcomes. All treatments are themed around the 21st century challenges designed with the modern wellness consumer in mind, looking for innovative wellness approaches to address multiple health issues often caused by the challenges of living modern life which can result in mental health issues, high stress levels, tensed fascia, high muscle tone, lack of energy, diminished immunity, hormonal imbalances, skin problems, insomnia etcetera.